thoughts on allsorts!

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Around the World Quilt block swap

After a year and two months its arrived!!!! This was my first block swap and was organised by Summer Sadie - its been brilliant fun but not without its hiccups!! I think my quilt got lost once but as you can see it all turned out fantastic! I have just laid the blocks out as i received them so i could have a good look at the various designs and colours and then maybe rearrange them slightly! I can't thank all the lovely ladies enough - all the blocks are just gorgeous and beautifully made. Also a huge thank you to Sadie for organizing this swap, i think its been a lot of hard work and there are still some ladies who have not got their quilts back yet.
So now its off to the sewing room - i should be doing housework but what the heck!!!
xxx

7 comments:

Gina said...

What a fun idea! It looks great.

julie said...

wow - it's lovely and such a nice idea.

dottycookie said...

What a lovely idea. The daisy-ish one at the bottm is particularly fabulous!

noelle said...

Thats going to be lovely! Well done all involved x

Dionne said...

Wow! It looks great. I see my square :-D I think I should be quite grateful my quilt blocks made it home safely more than a month ago!
Cheers,
Dionne

hook and needle said...

just discovered your blog... so cute! I love all the blocks from your swap. I've never done one. :)

Locket Pocket said...

It's gorgeous! What a lovely way to make a quilt (even if it has had its hiccups!!) Lucy x