thoughts on allsorts!

Monday 1 March 2010

Anniversary treat!

It was our wedding anniversary on Sunday and we decided to treat ourselves! We didn't want to go too far so decided on my favourite city - Bath! We booked ourselves into the Bath Spa Hotel - oh my word its just gorgeous - I stupidly did not take any pics but you can look at it on the net.
As we got there just after lunch we decided to have afternoon tea and some sandwiches!


I was slightly confused when this little timer gizmo was placed on the table - the waitress kindly explained that the timers were for the different teas and would tell when they were brewed! Amazing! Never had that before!

We then decided to go for a walk round Bath. I love the buildings in this city and the quirky little places you can find - such as this restaurant!

As you can see it was called 'The Hole in the Wall'!


Just a random shot!
This is one of my favorite views, the weir, and all along the bridge there are some little shops.

We walked for hours and it was lovely and then it was back to the hotel and a lovely dinner. Next morning we went for another walk, round by the Abbey and the Pump House.
Of course you then just have to have morning coffee at the Pump House!

Such a lovely place! Gorgeous cakes! Fully fortified i then spent some time in the lovely Country Threads quilting shop - of course i had to buy some fabric!!!

Well all good things come to an end - so it was time to go home and back to reality and wellies!!!

hope you all had a lovely weekend!
xxx













10 comments:

dottycookie said...

I love Bath - what a romantic place to spend the weekend. And you had sunshine too by the look of it! I'm glad you had such a lovely time - belated Happy Anniversary.

Gina said...

What a treat! It's years since I've been to Bath and now I have a hankering to return. Belated anniversary wishes.

Anita in Florida said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Jane Moxey said...

Thanks for the lovely pics of Bath! I went to boarding school there (now Royal Bath High School) and remember the Hole in the Wall restaurant! How posh to have a tea brewing gizmo! I've never heard of those either. Wonder if Fortts is still on Milsom Street. Wonderful cakes and teas in my day! Glad you had a nice time! Belated Happy Anniversary wishes!

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate too. Bath looks fabulous ... it's definitely on our list of places to visit, along with that gawjus teahouse. A must do for sure :o).
Big hugs,
Joy :o)

noelle said...

How lovely, you lucky thing. Do we get to see the fabric you bought?!

jennyflowerblue said...

That just looks idyllic, and so many opportunities for tea and cake- I do love Bath! xxxx

maria said...

Happy Anniversary. I love Bath too, I've only been once but would love to visit again. They have a quilting shop you say........

Pomona said...

Bath is so lovely - and you were certainly staying in the best hotel!

Pomona x

Mrs Moog said...

Ooh what a lovely, and very well deserved, treat! Your photos are gorgeous.

I've been through Bath several times, en route to the south west, but have never stopped and explored. I keep telling Moogsdad I'd like to go but he's not so keen as he went to school there, so for him it lacks that air of mystery!!

Happy Anniversary to you both :)
xxx